Treating Gum Disease
At Columbia Periodontics, we use only the most effective periodontal treatments to stabilize and revitalize your oral health. If you need treatment for gum disease, our Columbia, Tennessee periodontist, Dr. James Dickson, performs the following procedures:
Gum Disease Treatment Options
- Deep scaling and root planning. This thorough cleaning restores your gums to health without surgery.
- Antibiotic therapy. Arestin® or PerioChip® can be applied directly into the gums to target the bacteria that cause gum disease.
- Guided-tissue regeneration. Regenerative therapy allows bone and tissue to regrow around an affected tooth. It is also used to increase the amount of bone for dental implant placement.
- Radiosurgery. This innovative technology in periodontal surgery enables Dr. Dickson to perform gum surgery using radiowaves. The results are incredibly accurate and healing time is quicker than with regular gum surgery techniques.
Dr. Dickson also offers patients the most advanced technology for cleaning teeth, such as:
- Prophy Jet® cleaning. Like a power wash for your teeth, this technology cleans your teeth efficiently using a precise jet of air, water, and dental cleaner.
- Ultrasonic scaling. This equipment uses a wand with a small scaling tip to create a gentle ultrasonic vibration that removes tartar and reduces the number of harmful bacteria below your gumline.
- Internal water supply. Columbia Periodontics uses a sterile in-house water supply to ensure the safety of every procedure we perform.
Periodontal Treatment in Columbia, TN
Once Dr. Dickson has helped you regain good oral health, he will recommend that you receive rotating cleanings between our office and your restorative dentist, usually every three months. This way we can be sure to keep gum disease in check before it becomes a problem again.
Request an appointment online now or call (931) 380-1101 to schedule a periodontist visit with Dr. Dickson.